Added value for public transport by IP based technologies
Wi-Fi in the public transport makes free internet access and location basend information for the passengers possible. LOOP21 developed an “all in one box” independently from manufacturers, which is suitable for any type of vehicle.
Data of the board sensors like speed, fuel and mileage are transmitted and evaluated in real time.
Complex analyses can be announced and processed by a Mesh-up with external data sources like traffic and weather data in a central, interactive Dashboard.
Benefits for the operator
- Location of the vehicle along the route
- Access to sensor data concerning speed, fuel consumption and mileage in real time
- Analyses of waiting time, passenger frequency, degree of capacity utilisation
- digital customer survey
- monitoring of the energy unit
- display of traffic disruptions along the route
Benefits for the passengers
- Digital Signage
- Wi-Fi access along the route
- Audio infotainment
- light control
- Entertainment and Multimedia Applications
- graphic representation of the driving way and position in real time
- Landingpage with information of the current surrounding
Request free consultation now
In 24 buses of the “Ötztaler” bus fleet, it is now possible for passengers to surf the internet for free – with optimum Wi-Fi coverage.
The goal of the project team was to develop an “all in one box” independently from manufacturers, which is suitable for any type of vehicle.
Consequently, a box with an LTE router, a Wi-Fi access point and a roof antenna including cables was produced in order to ensure seamless Wi-Fi along the entire bus route.